Friday, March 11, 2011

Landslide

I love this cover of Fleetwood Mac's landslide.I sometimes resent how popular Glee gets because they just dwindle the storyline to stuff in popular hits on the charts.Its not a bad thing really because i do enjoy their covers but i just get frustrated with the fickle story lines.Okay coming back to Landslide...i just love the heart in their rendition.Gwyneth Paltrow sounds fragile here..in a good way.I seriously sobbed throughout watching this particular song sequence.And the lyrics,oh the lyrics are such a reflection of all the things i want to say.to life,to the people i meet,to time.........Enough babble.Listen!!!

I took my love and I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide brought me down
Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my lifeWell, I've been afraid of changin'
Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
And I'm getting older tooSo.. take this love and take it down
Yeah, and if you climb a mountain and you turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well, the landslide brought it down
And if you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Well maybe... The landslide'll bring you down


No comments: